All right, I’ve kept you in suspense long enough. Here’s how our Valentine’s day weekend went down.
I wasn’t able to see Nikki on Valentine’s Day proper. Why? Because the dang AUM Provost office decided to reschedule canceled classes from the KILLER SNOW AND ICE STORM to Valentine’s Day. Just to ruin everyone’s fun. We’re college students. We don’t need time for relationships…
So, Thursday, the day before Valentine’s Day, I surprised my girl with flowers and chocolate. Because I’m too hipster to give her flowers on the actual Valentine’s Day. Also, roses are overrated so I got her sunflowers and daises instead.
And then Valentine’s Day I went to school. So that was that…
No, it was the day after V-Day that we celebrated. There’s a couple of reasons for that.
- Restaurants aren’t nearly as crowded.
- It gives me an opportunity to hit up the 50% off Valentine’s stuff at Wal-Mart.
- It falls on our 10 month anniversary. For example, yesterday we were dating for 4 years and 10 months.
So, what did we do? Well, we went to Prattville, a town of considerable sentiment to both of us. We had our first date as a couple at Olive Garden in Prattville. and so that’s where we went for dinner. But first we tried out the new Starbucks there.
Nikki and I have a tradition to go watch crappy romance movies on Valentine’s Day. So in the vane of Valentine’s Day (the movie), The Roommate, The Vow, and Warm Bodies, this year we saw Endless Love. Which was okay, but that’s not the point.
But, what did I get her? Well… Nikki doesn’t ask for traditional Valentine gifts. She wanted workout equipment. Seriously, over the past year she’s told me several things she’s needed to help exercise. So I got her a lot of things:
- Animal Crackers. Because that’s her favorite snack!
- A Big Kiss. The candy. Because she got me one our first V-Day.
- A Box of Chocolates. Why not?
- X-Men First Class. I found the movie for a great deal.
- Face Sunscreen. It’s going to be beach weather at some point.
- A Back Scratcher. Because I can’t always be there to scratch her back.
- Hair Bands. All girls need them.
- Socks. Who doesn’t love socks?
- A Jump Rope. She doesn’t actually know how. It’s good cardio, though.
- 2 Knee Braces. Helps prevent injury.
- A Large Body Ball. Talk about frustrating to pump up.
- Frederick the Dalmatian. Isn’t he cute?
And that’s what I got her for Valentine’s Day. But, you may be wondering what she got me.
She either got me pink high heels or brand new Navy Converses. Since I’m a guy with big feet, I’ll let you decide.
The Converses are awesome, by the way. I love them.
So, what did you do for your significant other on V-Day? Let me know in the comments.